- Cockpit web console is available by default in CentOS 8.
- Support for up to 4PB of physical memory.
- Nginx 1.14 is now available in the core repository.
- PHP version 7.2 is the default PHP version.
- Python 3.6 is the default Python version.
- Wayland is the default display server.
- nftables has replaced iptables to be the default network filtering framework.
- XFS now has support for shared copy-on-write data extents.
- RPM 4.14 (as distributed in RHEL 8) validates package content before installing.
- A new version of YUM based on DNF which is compatible with YUM 3 (as is in CentOS 8).
- Content is channeled through 2 main repos: BaseOS and Application Stream (AppStream).
- The brand new CentOS Stream
Hello, welcome to Monday May 13th 2019, my name is Justin and this is the ISP news you need to know.
Zayo to be Acquired
Zayo to be acquired by Digital Colony Partners and EQT Infrastructure fund for $14.3 Billion in cash. This continues the trend of telecom companies being bought by equity funds. This is what it appears at least.
Cnet article on WIFI6
A few weeks I did an article on WIFI6. CNET has a broader overview for those of you looking to learn more.
5G & Spectrum news
At&T continues their wannabe 5G rollout.
Two key positions are now vacant at the NTIA. Could this delay CBRS even more?
Indiana ISP meeting is this Thursday May 16th in Indianapolis